Subject: Re: Awesomenews about Raptor.
From: Stephen Bowie <[email-masked]>
To: Thad Kanko <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 1995 16:40:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 1 Oct 1995, Thad Kanko wrote:

>  
> You won't miss the features because they won't be available 
> on your system? That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

Gee it seems funny to hear Alpha users disturbed about being left behind 
feature-wise when their machines are likely capable of supporting said 
new features...I noticed somewhat less sympathy from some in this 
previously elite group for Amiga 3.5 SA users who want THEIR 4.0 to be as 
functionally similar to other versions as possible when the machine can 
support the new feature! 

> Who wants a Raptor anyway? Non standard OS, crippled 300mhz chip.
> No thanks, I learned my lesson with Amiga.
> 

Me, Me !!!!!  If you have one you're disappointed with, let me know!

> I think NewTek is really screwing up. So I could have a 275Mhz dec
> alpha and Lightwave will not be fully functional on it? What
> just because I don't purchase Newteks favorite machine I get
> screwed?
>

See first comment.
 
> What Happened to Newteks promise of the software being identical across
> all platforms? Are they reneging on ANOTHER promise?
> 

Ditto.

> I think NewTEk bit off more than they can chew in terms of cross platform
> development.
> 
> Come on NewTek PUT up or SHUT UP!
> 
> 

Why not give them a little time, and credit for having indicated 
continuing support for ALL platforms....if a new version or completely 
new program evolves for one or another platform, we've still all got what 
we paid for, and it's still as capable as the day we bought it, as well 
as an amazing value!

Do you suppose AutoDesk is getting flak for developing MAX??  I doubt it.  
And in the unlikely event that the new version specific to the Raptor is 
really RADICALLY different, we can ALL always either upgrade platforms 
(Gawd knows we Amigans have heard that enough) or encourage 
'trickle-down' of features.  If REALLY ticked, theres always Real3D.

	Steve Bowie [email-masked] 
	North York, Ontario, Canada
	(Somewhat Optimistic Company Name Removed out of 
	 Modesty and Respect - for Now! :-)

--
Stephen Bowie <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]